Monday, March 31, 2014

Adventures in Painting Fabric!

 As I continue experimenting and trying out new products & ideas I decided to dabble with painting fabric. I had seen this technique discussed in Annie Sloan's Color Recipes book so I decided to watch some videos & research a bit online.

This fabric bench was in need of a transformation so it was the perfect piece for me me dive right in.




I decided to use Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in French Linen.  This is a great neutral color that can blend in with any color scheme.  I filled a spray bottle with water first and lightly sprayed on the area I was painting.  You really have to get the paint in there because it does absorb a lot.  It took 2 coats to get a nice even look.  It took the whole quart of paint as well.

I let it fully dry for 2 days & it definitely felt really course & rough.  My next step was finishing it with Annie Sloan wax.  I did little sections at a time making sure to rub any excess off.  




After this dried the texture definitely changed.  It now has a more leathery feel to it once I buffed it. I decided to paint the legs in Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Antoinette ( a very light pink).


This would be the perfect piece for the end of your bed!



So my first try at painting fabric was a success in my eyes.  I loved this transformation.  

Below is the links to my Facebook page & Etsy page.  Please follow for updated items & blogs.



Thanks,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment