Monday, May 7, 2012

Disney or Bust...

Ahhh the Magic Kingdom, Mickey Mouse, Cinderella's Castle, swarms of people, a billion screaming kids..sounds like a dream vacation.


Just a quick blog before I leave tomorrow to take the kids to the most magical place on earth.  I personally am not a zippity do da kind of gal but being a parent means sometimes having to put your children ahead of yourself.  Every child should be able to experience the thrill of Disney World and I am taking one for the team. 


I went to Disney when I was about 12 years old not that i didn't enjoy it but being the type of child that basically puked on any moving object rides were not an option.  What I do remember is sitting in the Hall of Presidents at the request of my older brother Michael.  (More mental torture..check out ("I had the time of my life" blog)  If I remember correctly it was like 2 hours of torture.  The only plus was that it was air conditioned and I was able to sleep off the dramamine my father drugged me with.


I am going on this adventure with a glass half full attitude, I do believe my kids will have the time of their lives.  I hope to make it special and I pray that meltdowns are minimal and will pay any astronomical price for cocktails to fuel me till the bitter end.


After 3 fun-filled days in Disney we will be spending 4 days relaxing with friends away from the characters and happy smiling people, I mean really how much cheer and positivity can one take.


I am sure to have many stories to share on my return...stay tuned for cheerful pics, maybe I will even be wearing my Mickey ears!!!

2 comments:

  1. We were not in the Hall of Presidents for two hours! It was one and a half hours, tops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 minutes, 2 hours does it really make any difference in this circumstance?

    ReplyDelete